PAT Testing Training Courses
Learn how to carry out Portable Appliance Testing in this practical, one-day certificated training course. Held at locations across the UK or in your own premises.
PAT Testing Training Courses
All PAT Testing Courses are NOT the same - learn from the UK leading expert in Portable Appliance Testing!
- Learn from the Expert! Our PAT Testing courses are all led by Tim James - who has more than 30 years experience in the field of PAT Testing and is regarded by many as the UK's leading PAT Testing Expert
- Our course is fully up-to-date with the 5th Edition (2020) Code of Practice from the IET (Tim was on the IET committee which updated the CoP, so you can sure that the information is the most up-to-date available)
- All of our courses are held in top hotels with first class training facilities. Lunch and refreshments are included in the course fee!
- FREE PAT Testing Course handbook, PAT testing guide, sample materials including equipment registers, record keeping templates and much more! No need to buy expensive additional text books or guides!
- On-going support and guidance - whether you're starting a PAT testing business or testing the equipment in your own company or organisation
- Small groups and informal presentation - making sure you get personal tuition and hands-on experience
- Bring your own PAT Tester if you have one - otherwise we'll give you UNBIASED advice on the best one to buy! (NO hard selling!)
- Completely up-to-date with all the latest rules and regulations; but not getting bogged down in unnecessary detail.
- Our delegates frequently tell us this is the best course they have ever attended! You'll be invited to complete an evaluation at the end of the course.
- A mix of Theory and Practical - back up what you learn immediately with hands-on practical sessions
- Certificate of Competence issued on successful completion.
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 do require electrical equipment to be safe, although Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is not specifically a legal requirement. There's plenty of guidance to consider, including two new British Standards (BS EN 50699 and BS EN 50678) as well as the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing, which we helped to write. But this is not 'death by PowerPoint' - you'll be fully compliant with all of the latest rules and regulations, but we'll concentrate on the practical aspects of Portable Appliance Testing, giving you the right information to be able to do the job correctly, without getting you bogged down in detail.
Our PAT-Testing-course has been designed to teach you everything you need to know, to carry out PAT Testing in your own workplace, or to offer a PAT Testing service to your customers. Please phone us on 01482 738826 or click on the course dates page, for details of your nearest local PAT Testing Course.