About our Courses
Not all PAT Testing Courses are the same - Learn from the UK's leading PAT testing expert!
Our courses are held in top hotels with first-class training facilities. Lunch and refreshments are included.
On-going support and guidance
Whether you're starting a PAT testing business or testing the equipment in your own company or organisation.
A mix of theory and practical
Back up what you learn immediately with hands-on practical sessions.
Our PAT-Testing-course has been designed to teach you everything you need to know, to carry out PAT Testing in your own workplace, or to offer a PAT Testing service to your customers.
- Led by Tim James - who is considered the UK's leading PAT Testing Expert.
- Our course is fully up-to-date with the 5th Edition (2020) Code of Practice from the IET (Tim was on the IET committee which updated the CoP, so you can sure that the information is the most up-to-date available).
- Our courses are COVID-Secure - with large training rooms, social distancing and strict hygiene measures in place
- Free PAT Testing Course handbook, PAT testing guide, sample materials including equipment registers, record keeping templates and much more! No need to buy expensive additional text books or guides!
- Small groups and informal presentation - making sure you get personal tuition and hands-on experience
- Bring your own PAT Tester if you have one - otherwise we'll give you unbiased advice on the best one to buy. No hard selling!
Our Course ProgrammeThe programme runs from 09:45am until 4:30pm, lunch and refreshments are included.
09:45 - 10:00
Introduction, welcome and objectives
10:00 - 11:00
Background and basics
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:30
Electrical appliances - What types of equipment do we have to test? Class 1 and Class 2 appliances. How to carry out a simple examination.
12:30 - 13:30
13:30 - 14:45
User checks, inspection and testing demonstration and hands-on practical work
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
User Checks, Inspection and Testing More practicals and demonstrations, including testing ICT equipment
16:00 - 16:30
Conclusion and Final Discussion
Meet your trainerWith over 30 years experience and a key contributor of the IET Code of Practice, Tim James is widely regarded as one of the UK’s leading experts in the field of PAT Testing. More about Tim
Need help? Ask the expert
Call Us01482 827744
Or send us a quick message